Thursday, February 5, 2015

The bestest finds of the week

You're busy. I'm busy. We're all busy.

So let me save you some time and compile the bestest things I've come across this week. Here we go...

FOOD

We feed seven people around these parts since my kids' abuelo and abuela live with us. And I have got to have the pickiest family this side of the Mississippi. Don't believe me? Talk to the chef (the aforementioned abuela) who, bless her heart, cooks dinner for us every week day. Every. Weekday.

El husbando and I have put on a few pounds since they moved in with us about seven years ago. But I digress.

Here's my most-favorite recipe site I found this week to get rid of that "runger": www.chef-in-training.com.

Blogger Nikki needs a huge shout-out for sharing super easy and muy bueno recipes. We made some of her recipes already this week, including Philly cheesesteak sloppy joes and slow cooker BBQ drumsticks.

Speaking of food, I found this little gem on PopSugar.com:
Source: Instagram user bgroth92
SHAMELESS PLUG

And because I like to amuse myself, I created this one:

WE'RE NOT ALONE!

Well color me surprised. Got to spend the day with my favorite 8-year-old at Lansing's Potter Park Zoo where I learned I wasn't the only Puerto Rican in the house.

An amphibian that was thought to be extinct -- the Puerto Rican Crested Toad -- is now being repopulated thanks in part to the zoo's efforts. Who'd have thunk?

Source: www.greenretreat.org/
WORTH A FOLLOW

I suspect I'm late to the party, but I'm thoroughly enjoying following @RunHaven on Twitter. Why? Because they feature bloggers like Beth Risdon who describes herself as being proud of "writing things that most people are too embarassed to discuss." She's not kidding.

If you're not easily grossed out, check out her blog -- Shut Up + Run -- while you're at it.

What were your most favorite finds this week? What's your handle on Twitter so I can follow you? I'm @gisgie. 




No comments:

Post a Comment