Thursday, September 18, 2014

What la chica does when she can't run

The taper before Sunday's half marathon continues and while I'm not yet feeling any more antsy because I can't run, my obsessive tendencies are flaring up big time.

And I mean obsessive in the I-can't-stop-talking-and-reading-about-running kind of obsessive.

So while I did some yoga tonight, I've also spent an inordinate amount of time online reading about running and otherwise finding ways to entertain myself.

Since I apparently have some free time on my hands, here are the five things I found most helpful/fun/interesting/relevant for all of you chicos and chicas:


  1. How to fix some common running probs
  2. Other people who run at night wear safety gear. I stay on the sidewalks but maybe I can get a light to play with; I mean, a light to be more visible. Yeah, that's what I meant.
  3. This song, which I just can't stop humming and might add to my running playlist.
  4. I'm apparently going to live forever according to a study that suggests that sitting less leads to living longer since I seldom sit still. That said, I now have an excuse to leave boring meetings!
  5. I'm not the only writer who's compiled a guide for non-runners.
Bonus find:


No comments:

Post a Comment