Friday, September 12, 2014

All that guilt was a waste of time (I'm in marketing, so I'm calling this week my taper)

Relatively new runner here, so please forgive me for apologizing about my lack of running this past week. Apparently, if I'd been paying attention, real runners would call it a "taper week."

So, as long as I run a couple of times by Sunday, I will still be on track and won't spontaneously combust at the starting line on race day (which is Sept. 21. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!).

Jeff Galloway says so, so it must be true.

Googling "how to taper for your first half marathon" was the best investment of my time yet this week. Thank you, Runner's World magazine!

And speaking of marketing genius, I'm now able to also use the taper as an excuse for my foul moods. Bonus!

Why didn't I take the time to Google this before?

I'm just hopeful my family will be understanding.

Now, excuse me while I go Google "eating donuts is good for your first half marathon."

Someone's got to have thought of that one by  now. Jeff Galloway? Hal Higdon? Jack Daniels? Hansons? Help a chica out!

Have you tapered before a race? How did THAT go? Any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment